Please check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/glasspanic and follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/glasspanic

Monday, November 15, 2010

monday already?

I sure wish I knew where the time went. I have all these great plans of things I'm going to accomplish and then, before I know it, days have passed and hardly anything has been scratched off my list (although invariably more has been added!).

I've put myself on a shopping ban. No more buying until I list everything I have and hopefully sell a few things as well. Clearly I enjoy the shopping part of this venture the most. But I have to remind myself that each item I buy takes time to research, photograph, and list. It's not unheard of for me to spend an hour on an item to get it listed. So, the fact that I have probably 60-80 items still to list means weeks worth of work just to get caught up. The last thing I need to be doing is bringing more stuff home, even if it means I will miss out on some good stuff. I must be strong!

I am also trying to get an accounting system set up. Thanks so much to Angela at Pickles on Pizza for suggesting that I try Outright.com (in addition to all the other words of wisdom and sanity she has given me!). It's easy to set up and all money that comes in through Paypal is automatically logged, so I just have to enter all the payables. I only wish I had started this from day one, but I'm glad I found it before too much time had passed.

Guess that's all for now. I still have to package and ship some pyrex pieces that sold yesterday as well as take care of a few other things and that's before I go watch the dogs this afternoon. Also, it's snowing, so that always slows things down as far as getting anywhere.

Have a great day and happy hunting!

1 comment:

  1. I have tried self-imposed shopping bans, they never last long for me :-) Thanks for leading me to your fab blog, I love it! You too have a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete